Saturday, March 21, 2009

Last weekend....

Ah trekked across tha continental 48 in an aeroplane to attend tha weddin of one of my best n oldest friends, Crazy Paul. It was a momentus occasion - who tha hell thought Paul would evah snag a lady? Lets just say he owes tha internet BIG TIME fer putting Erin in his life.

Ah was the "best man" fer tha event, meanin my job duties were very specific: 1)Stopping everyone from freaking Paul out; 2)Stopping Paul's mom from freaking his bride out; 3)Organizing a night on tha town in Charleston; 4)Making a toast; and 5)Bringing "California Brownies" to tha event (please see a future post for how to make said "California Brownies" as ahm startin ta git tha hang of it finally).

All in all, thangs went pretty well actually. They gawt married in a swamp (a NICE swamp - Cypress Gardens), thar was good food, good people, brownies, alligators, hilariously un-paul-and-erin-like musick (with a couple awesome exceptions), and dramadramadrama. But they gawt married n nae one gawt hurt. Altho we all had a WTF-moment....


Oh yeah, ah had ta wear a tux too. Friday was my birthday n they brought out a cake at tha rehearsal dinnah fer me, which was sweet. Ahll also let you know this was tha first time ahd evah gawten a professional beard trim, n it was pretty decent!

Aftah all tha to-doin, ah spent Sunday on Daniel Island w. a bunch of family ah rarely see. These are tha folks who don't live in Buffalo so ah was especially glad ta catch up w. them, n meet a few additions ta our family. My cousin Dennis (formerly known as Little Den) is a plastic surgeon in South Carolina and recently bought a humungous house fer him, his wife, n his four (four!) kids. My cousins Ron, Kathy, and their daughter Erica, drove up from Florida so we could all be exhausted by tha chitlins. Here we are - almost 3 complete families (just a portion of my Buffalo based relatives)

Let me try to go through all of em, left to right:
Dennis, Ron, My dad, Lori, Emma, Isaac, Abbey, Julianna, me, Kathy (behind me), My mom, Erica (behind my mom), Uncle Norman.

While my family is weird w. tha whole aunts/uncles actually bein cousins thang, Uncle Norman is EVERYONE's uncle norman.

Then ah gawt stuck in layovah-hell, made only bearable by my "California Brownies". N now it's back ta stupid work. BOO!

Thanks fer all tha b-day wishes!

No comments: