Friday, May 29, 2009

Reflections on my Bike Ride to Work #2

Today on my ride through tha SOMA ah hit pretty much every single light. This has nevah happened - ah know in theory if ah gae 25 mph hour ahm supposed ta time it rite, but ah don't actually know how fast ahm gaein. Ahm nawt a particularly fast er aggressive rider - often ah find myself bein passed by people on less snazzy rides then mine. Ah pay a fair amount of attention to tha traffic signs n lights - more so in tha SOMA then tha mission, but ahll run thru thangs if tha coast is clear.

But today once ah passed undah tha highway, it was perfect. My pace was steady, solid, n everytime ah gawt close to a red light, it went green fer me.

Ridin steady is a different feelin then most city ridin - thars a lawt of start n stop. Ah need ta start werkin my endurance more so ah ken start tacklin some longah stretches of ridin. Haven't even been ovah tha Golden Gate Bridge yet!

No comments: