Monday, June 01, 2009

Weekend (sans pics)

Sorry folks, forgot to have a camera handy. Pics of my less then happy garden comin soon tho (my basil is dyin - HALP!).

Friday night was going to be a low-key evenin of yoga n a movie as tha plans ah thought had been made were in fact nawt, but ah was saved by a text message around 4 pm that read "Let's Rage Tonight." In this context, "raging" means "biking around the city, breaking for alcohol from time to time" and this sounded like a much bettah idea ta me. We kicked thangs off w. some noize jammin down tha street, then made fer food n a bottle. Out to tha Embarcadero, we sat w. our friends Jameson and Tecate n discussed my friends upcoming bike-polo/tour of tha West Coast this summer. (Side note, ah now have a place fer a drumset if ah ken find one....)

Aftahwerds, we biked thru tha crazy sites n sounds of a Friday nite in tha city - past tha strip clubs of North Beach, tha trannys of tha Tender Knob, tha strip clubs of Market. Briefly we saw some people who cared very very much about Karaoke at the Mint, and then we were pulled back to tha Mission by way of Zeitgeist (tha quintessential cycle/dive bar w. a monstrous beer garden - it sucks you in). Aftah a few rounds we witnessed a policeman get a bribe as a local pizza shop sold somethang besides then pizza to its otha patrons. Ah was too broke to buy tha promised final drink at tha local irish pub, so we ended up havin a last tall boy at my place before crashin.

Saturday ah woke up early n had a list of thangs to accomplish, which included, but was nawt limited to: practicing bass, making pasta sauce, werkin in tha backyard, n gittin ta yoga. In tha backyard ah tried ta save a newly-bloomin plant that had been left ovah n recently restored ta life, then made some damn good pasta sauce (w. portobella mushies, green bell peppers, n carrots), n aftahwerds gawt my stretch on. That evenin it was my roommies bday celebration so thar was a potluck w. gobs of food n drink (some resourceful individuals brought tha remnants of a pony keg from tha nite before). A handle of knob creek was drank, food was consumed, a mess was made, tha kitchen gawt smoky, n aftah dark thar was a candlelight expedition to tha clubhouse fer tha tellin of ghost stories. Tha mess continues ta exist, as this wasn't my party. Everythang on my list gawt accomplished, except fer tha movin of new musick ta my phone, which was taken care of yestahday.

Sunday had me at yoga again in tha mornin, n ah received some words of praise both on my work-trade follow-through as well as my practice which put me in a good mood. Then WTB had some practicin fer a show this Friday. Finally that evenin ah settled down ta watch "The Golden Compass" - don't judge me. It was kind of weak actually, but thar was a polar bear fight which made it sort of worth sittin through. Ahd be surprised if a sequel evah manifested - it wasn't very well made.

10 days until ah head ta LA fer tha Odors reunion.....

1 comment:

Lyn said...

I miss SF so much I can hardly stand it. That aside, I'm really glad to hear how you are thriving. Take care!