Monday, January 07, 2008

It just aint stoppin....

So tha con was a total blast, exactly what ah needed. Ah haven't danced so hard, fer so long, in quite a while. Whoda thought a parachute n a smoke machine could transform a sanctuary so quickly?

Friday was weather fer shit. Sideways rain, inch-deep puddles on my way ta werk. Places flooded, areas lost power, trucks turned ovah, n bridges were closed. My house was one of tha ones that lost power, which was totally awesome as ah was tryin ta pack/showah fer tha weekend aftah werk. Ah walked ta tha BART in my suit cuz ah hada crappy job interview that day (tha job was crappy, tha interview went fine) n was all sorts of gross by tha time ah gawt home. Blech. But we made it ta Marin, safe n sound.

Last nite, Warren Teagarden rawked tha fawkin house, n then ah proceeded ta drink n stayed out a bit too late. Most of tha mornin was hang-ovah healin, n then ah scuttled off to tha Billy Graham Civic Center fer Project Homeless Connect. our set went pretty well, especially considerin that tha band hadn't practiced in 3 weeks. Latah that evenin was tha reception w. tha mayor, n then a troupe meetin. Good stuff is in tha horizon!

THa Plant Studios lost power, so tha recordin is bumped until an undetermined time. N now ahm busy 3 days a week w. think13 practice, so we ken really fawkin tight. Ahm about ta be even busier....

Two interviews this week, n many many resumes ta send out. Ah continue ta dae otha stuff at my temp job, n they continue ta be flexible w. my schedule, os its werkin out quite well. But tha jobs are still borin as all hell. Ahm nawt really complainin, they like me n are payin me.

So its midnite n time ta git some sleep-age...altho ahve just kinda resigned ta nawt sleepin this week. Just two much on my plate. Bettah then bein bored...er at least ah tell myself!

4 comments:

sensibletron said...

I know you're out in the burbs at the moment, but what's your general overall impression of the SF area? It's one of the places that Benj and I are thinking of moving after we get hitched, and I have no idea what it's like.

Humble Observer said...

SF is really awesome, there's a ton of thangs to dae n scenes to check out. Its REALLY expensive and places tend to be on the small side in terms of housing. The public transportation is pretty decent, but there's some very cool neighborhoods on the west side of SF itself that are kind of inaccessible, so a car is still necessary in some of them. The weather hasn't really impressed me that much, and the job market is tough, but SF is a very lively city w. lots of character. Parts of the East Bay are really nice as well (I like the Berkeley area, and the parts of Oakland that border Berkeley).

Humble Observer said...

Also - ah don't know what yer "gittin hitched" vs. "you finishin skool" timeline is, but ahve heard really really positive thangs about SF City College, in terms of quality of programs and affordability (ah think it mite even be cheapah then NOVA).

sensibletron said...

Basically I'll be finishing up my associates here at Nova by the end of this coming summer, then gettin hitched, then trying to beg, steal, or borrow my way into a 4 year institution where I'll have to do another two years...

Maybe I'll just move out to Berkley and become a minister or something...