Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Necessary Action

It's 41 degrees in El Cerrito, which isn't THAT cold ah guess. But it's also raining. It rained yesterday, and on Monday, and will probably rain tomorrow. Ah made a previous post about sideways rain two weeks ago.

Far too often tha nature of my job-huntin self sends me out of my house in a suit, on a bicycle. While ah feel this is a pretty admirable approach to life, it has proved ta be complete BULLSHIT when it is raining. Especially when it is raining hard. Yestahday ah left my poor Dynamo Hum overnite at tha BART stop b/c tha rain appeared ta be coming down in blusters, n ah was wearing a supah-awesome hand-made wool coat that ah bought in Guatemala. How awesome is this coat? THIS AWESOME -->


While awesome, ah doubt this coat's waterproof abilities. Ah also have a leather bomber jacket, that is sorta fallin apart on tha inside, which is less then waterproof. Tha only thang ah have even REMOTELY waterproof is my windbreaker, which ahve been wearing over my suit jacket in this bullshit weather. Not only is it quite unfashionable, it still leaves tha pockets of my suit jacket exposed to tha elements, n doesn't decrease my miserability levels by much (whether ahm bikin er walking). Today ah biked back from Yoga in said suit and windbreaker combo, n feel like shit because of it.

Real quick side note - tha weather at tha BART stop closest to me is probably tha worst in tha whole East Bay. Both last nite n today ah noticed that tha rain fell hardah, tha wind blew angrier, n it was significantly coldah in tha couple hundred square feet vicinity of tha BART then anywhar else on my commute home.

So tha point: AH NEED A RAIN JACKET! Which is why Friday nite, ah have a date at tha Burlington Coat Factory in SF aftah werk (which is extended through next week, btw). N by date, ah mean, ahm gaein thar aftah werk. Altho if Crazy Blind wanted ta set me up w. someone, ahd prolly at least suggest it via text.....can't be anymore awkward then talkin about cats er 4-month year old sons, rite?

PS- Thanks fer tha comments from awesome people. Nawt so awesome people are continuing nawt ta comment.

No comments: