Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Years Day Date

I have a date in 45 minutes with a woman in her 30's. I'm looking forward to it b/c its actually CLOSE to me, so it won't cost me an arm n a leg to git intae downtown SF (more like a 25 minute ride on my bike). Here's a few thangs ah really like about CrazyBlindDate:
* The anonymity of it
* It can work very fast
* Pre-assigned meeting spots make it easy
* Tha prospect of meetin anyone new is excitin. Dating a complete stranger gives me mild butterflies actually
* Forces me to actively be social, n thusly "on"
* 30 minute texting capabilities

A few thangs ah DONT like:
* Not many people seem to be on it (and I keep meeting people from very far away)
* Small selection of pre-assigned meeting spots
* Landing a double date has proved to be difficult
* What if they don't want to date me b/c my profile sucks/I'm not funny enough/I don't have a job/etc.?

That bein said, it's time ta git ready (luckily, ah don't feel much pressure to look/smell excellent on a first-time, blind-date. Being clean and warm is much more important).

No comments: