Wednesday, February 27, 2008

More Workplace Bullshit

So when my boss starts off a conversation w. "It's come to my attention that," its nawt a good thang. Howevah, being that ahve been a pretty good lil employee thus far, my brain is sorta like "ah didn't fawk up!"

Well, it's come to my boss' attention that my corporate conservative "casual" office place doesn't allow temps to work unsupervised This is a bummer b/c ah have band practice 1 er 2 times a week in tha city, but nawt until 7 pm. So in tha past, at this job n tha last, ahve been comin in 10 n leavin at 6 on evenins like that, as an hour ta git from one place to anutha is a lawt less time ta kill.

So tha otha two officers in my department were out this mornin, n ah sent my supervisor an email askin if that meant ah had ta take lunch at tha same time as tha otha staff assistant (who, while 2 years my junior, as a REAL employee of my institution, is a supervisor). My boss said he thought that would be stupid, n assumed that, unless he heard othawise, ah was okay ta be in tha office from 9 - 5, which is good, as tha bosses here dae a lawt of travelling.

Well, it came to his attention AGAIN that officer who is here today n tha otha assistant will be leavin at 3:30 fer a meeting. Which means ah hafta leave as well. AND ah can't git paid past when ah leave. So today, ahm out 2 hours of werk (n ah git a good hourly rate here) b/c of stupid corporate rules.

Ta let you know a lil more about tha environment that is bein sublet, ah looked online ta see what this company did. n they invest money in management teams in the 10 - 100 MILLION dollar range. Ah guess tha more money you invest, tha more pleasure you git outta bein a complete douchebag.

Tha one thang ah dae like about this, is my boss pointed out that by treatin me like garbage, ah was WAY more likely ta try n destroy all tha nice thangs in this office then if they just treated me like a human being. But apparently, b/c ahma temp, ah pose GRAVE security issues.

This post brought ta you, on tha companies dime, b/c of bullshit.

No comments: