Friday, May 30, 2008

"I don't actually have a pen"

Warren Teagarden played to nobody last nite (again) at the fabulous Stork Club in Oakland. We hit tha stage around 11 and played too fast and since no one showed up ah decided ahd reacquaint myself w. an old friend - $2 PBRs. We gawt pretty chummy by tha end of tha nite....

Durin one of tha otha acts, ah went to tha bar n briefly chatted up this girl whod ordered a jagerbomb - mostly out of boredom and it was a little away from tha musick. She was nice, but thar wasn't any chemistry er attraction - at least on my end. She was pretty touchy pretty quickly, fairly drunk, n w/ a friend who was kinda anti-social. They also stated they were on thar way out soon, nae mattah my band was up ta rawk in about 15 mins. As they were leavin she hugged me, n told me ah should call her, remindin herself ah didn't have her numbah mid-sentance. She told me ah could have it if ah wanted, so ah sorta shrugged noncommittally n put my hands in my pocket. Now, if she'd asked me fer mine, ah would've definitely given it ta her, but ah didn't feel like gaein through tha motions of takin her numbah while her friend waited fer her outside b/c ah knew ah wouldn't call her so. So instead ah told her "Ah don't actually have a pen." Ahm just smooth like that.

As much fun as ah had w. my old buddy tho, he's left me w. a bit of a headache this mornin, just like tha jerk he is.

N don't stop crossin yer fingahs until ah update tonite please!!

No comments: